Staff Welfare Seminars
The Health and Safety executive have reported that 35% of all work related illness is stress related. (2011)
In terms of working days lost due to work-related stress for people working in the last 12 months of 2010/11:
- Male workers took an estimated 4.9 million days people off work.
- Female workers took an estimated 5.9 million days off work.
- On average each person suffering from this condition took 27 days off work.
Did you know?
- Even a little stress is damaging to the body.
- The body will not distinguish a real danger from a perceived one.
- The wrong lunch can lead to the afternoon slump.
- Going without food for long periods of time, skipping breakfast and eating lunch/
dinner late will all contribute to the stress response and eventually lead to poor
performance both mental and physical.
- Stress can challenge the ability of the body to maintain health in other areas such
as immune system, cardiovascular system which can make your employees
susceptible to more serious illness such as cancer or heart attacks and stroke.